Yoga With Adriene - a review
Working from home has many amazing benefits:
- I don't have to set my alarm
- I don't have to deal with commuting
- I take breaks when I like
- I don't have to wear make up!
But there's one downside I am constantly battling: I don't move much! I sit at my desk, or with a client, or on the sofa. My commute is from one room to another, and my poor aching bones have started to complain.
But I've found the perfect solution...
I've discovered Yoga By Adrienne and she's amazing!
Yoga is something I've always wanted learn more about and to make a part of my life, but committing to regular classes just never worked out for me, so Yoga With Adriene - an online yoga teacher, was something I was eager to try.
Recommended by a friend, I checked out her website. She's got free videos both on her website and a YouTube channel with many, many lessons that are suitable for all ages, levels and abilities, so something for both the novice and advanced yogi.
Let's do this!
As a total newbie, I used a folded blanket to sit on, and put on 'A little goes a long way'. This is gentle stretching and focuses on breathing, and I really enjoyed it! And even better than that - my legs instantly felt less creaky!
So I instantly signed up on the free 30 day challenge. Perfect.
The benefits of Yoga With Adrienne:
- I can practice when I want
- I can practice where I want - the garden on a nice day
- It's free! My fave price point ever!
- It takes no specialist clothing or equipment (though I have invested in a yoga mat: it's more comfy, especially for my knees)
- It's suitable for all levels of fitness
- You can choose the intensity you want
- Adrienne is fun!
- There are lessons from 5 minutes long and up
- You can choose which type of to do: yoga for relaxation, confidence, strength, weight loss, back pain - really, whatever you need.
Adrienne is a wonderful teacher. She encourages you to 'find what feels good', and to enjoy the process, working at your own pace and level. I also love that she's very body positive and encourages you to love and accept your body.
It's yoga for people who didn't think they'd like yoga!
Also, she's a down to earth, modern gal and her lessons are fun to do, like doing yoga with a friend. She'll have a little sing, or say something funny.
She has 4 sections you can choose from:
- Beginners - which kinda speaks for itself
- Foundations of yoga, where she talks through individual poses, and increases knowledge and skills
- Yoga for weight loss
For me? It's perfect self care: It's restorative and it increases my energy (I always feel energized after a session). It's a mindful practice, connecting the mind and body which is often so neglected in our busy lives, which is great for reducing stress and anxiety.
It's a little oasis of me time that jump starts my day. And because it's done in the comfort of my own home, I don't have to worry about keeping up with others, or what I look like, or that I wobbled and fell over etc, I can totally work at my own pace, my own level.
I'd highly recommend giving Yoga with Adrienne a try, and see what a difference it makes to your self care. I've loving it, and I think you will too.
And if you're serious about upping your self care, then join my FREE 21 day self care challenge for simple, highly effective self care ideas for you to enjoy.